Sunday, April 3, 2011

Leo cooks up a storm - stuffed peppers and lemon delicious pudding

I have spent my afternoon taking photos - I have far too many. I did want a record of Leo attempting to cook his first meal, but took far more than I intended because he literally wouldn't let me do a speck of cooking. I felt obliged to stick around what with hot elements and sharp knives around, apart from excessive photography I also drank four cups of coffee throughout.
So - first there was gathering the ingredients.



We harvested lemons, basil, parsley and tomatoes - Leo rejected the Bill's prize peppers as they were green and the recipe picture clearly demanded red. The rest I harvested from Fresh Choice.
First a lot of chopping...




The chopping took an incredibly long time. He tried with the chefs knife but my nerves couldn't handle seeing his little fingers on the side of the blade so it was all with a little paring knife. His focus certainly outstriped mine.

Moving right along - rice (very tricky to drain when you're 7).


And frying..

Grating...

Mixing and stuffing...

One dish ready for the oven.... TaDa!!




On to desert.
More grating.......

Measuring....


Squeezing....

Beating...

More mixing..

And finally into the water bath and oven.

Wow - what a mission. And thanks to Oscar for sleeping for so long :-)
All veggies eaten, 'lemon delicious' lemony and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment