Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tension and tipples

Definitely well into the silly season now.   Workplace has had it's drinks and overeating, every child-related activity has had or is about to have a visit from Him (that would be Santa) and I'm recovering from over-indulgance with a spot of panicing about the flurry of summer activity and about work next year (already!).   Technically this is going to be the cruisiest summer we've had for a while because we are not travelling North.  The Grannies are both coming to visit - as is one of the Grampas (with the relevant Granny obviously) and my sis in her role as a very significant Aunty.
I've been having lots of lovely end of year drinks with different groups of people - the most fun tonight with mummy-friends drinking cocktails :-)  For the next three days I am going to concentrate of finishing things for the Christmas Craft Fair in Hokitika on Wednesday night.  I have some more funky Christmas fabric for table napkins and am half way through a bunch of  'Change(the world)Purses.  I'm really looking forward to it - mainly because I'm sharing a table with an awesome craftster I met in my Te Reo class............ but also trying to prepare myself for the 'no sales' scenario, while also hoping for lots of sales so I can go crazy buying Japanese linen on etsy - dreams are free!!  I'm so lucky 'scottiedogtrotters' a.k.a Sarah invited me to share her stall I don't think I would have had the courage to set up all on my lonesome.
Some multitasking will be required as MIL is arriving on the same day as the Craft Fair and Oscar is turning three the following day.  We will be celebrating with one friend for each boy (Oscar's friend is turning three the same day and comes with big Sis who is Leo's friend and their Mum is one of my best friends so all cruisy and fun for all on that front), and cake, ice cream and lollies.  Hopefully it will be a sunny day and we can send them out to play with Oscar's present (water related ).

No comments:

Post a Comment