Friday, January 7, 2011

crafting inspiration

I've been mulling over ideas to get my students having fun and learning at the same time next year.  I'm thinking they might learn something about the fine line between creativity and madness (exhibit A Mrs Norris).   Meanwhile I have been working on my first ever 'commission' - does it count if it's from your Aunty?  Anyway, Aunty Marg asked for 10 table mats with bold patterns and "at least a bit of red".  I may have gone a bit crazy with the red, so hope she likes them!!  They are all different but matching - out of necessity due the fabric available but I think it works.

I've also been doing the dinosaur theme thanks to some curtain samples my thrifty sewing friend Angela discovered in the discontinued lines bin at the curtain shop.  I've got just over a metre of awesome dinosaurs in three colour ways.  So far I've been making dinosaur messenger bags - I tried to get a photo but my models weren't cooperating so that will have to wait.
 

1 comment:

  1. The mats look fabulous Megan. I'm looking forward to seeing the dinosaur bags. Time I went down to Addisons as well. I think I will recover the cushions on the couch as they are a dirty yellow (sewn on instead of zippered in terms of cleaning too) and the walls are now a lovely clean yellow.

    ReplyDelete