Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Don't buy it!

This is how easy I am to entertain:  All materials sourced from the 'Sharing Shed' op shop.  The concept a change purse with the words 'Don't buy it' embroidered on each side.  O.k it probably won't work as a budgeting tool but it will make me smile, and possibly even think twice about whether that lamington with my weekly latte is all it's cracked up to be......
O.k so maybe it needs a little more design work to pull off the look I'm going for.  But a success as an  instant gratification sewing project (while fending off determined helper aged 2 and 11/12ths).

It is a heavy message though.  One I'm not managing to take on board as much as I should.  Not just about sticking to the budget, but about being aware of the choices I make and the impacts they have.  Anyway.  Don't buy it!   

Update - more subtle version - fabric from sallies (in a pack of new fabric samples - upholestery?) 

6 comments:

  1. Are you selling these at the market in Hoki?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much for and would you sell early to someone who was leaving the coast before the market day? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes absolutely - I was thinking of asking $12 for them, but open to suggestions. I'm coming into school for a meeting on Tuesday morning I could pop a few in your pigeon hole for you to check out if you like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm calling them "Change(the world)purses" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Megan. $12 is great - I thought I had sorted the outlaws out with twirly skirts for the little kids and fridge magnets and/or calendars of the short people and Brighid's art for each family. (You knew I hate Christmas aye?) Only there is a 14 year old who I now suspect will throw a tantrum if she doesn't get a personal gift and I have no time to make one. I refuse to buy anything sweatshop for people who have everything anyway so buying one of your purses is the next best thing to making my own. Looking forward to choosing one on Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete