Sunday, August 14, 2011

crafts and someone's really bad day

I was going to make this post about the nifty crafts I've been working on. But before I do I feel compelled to write about a boy I saw today having quite probably the worst day of his life so far. I'm not sure that I should call him a boy because he was probably late teens, possibly even early twenties, but I use the term 'youth' in jest so often that I can't use it in this circumstance. I saw this boy being arrested by 5 large police officers. The body language was extreme, the boy had his hoody pulled up over his head and his head as far down as is humanly possible. He had his back to the police men and he was hanging his arms and head over a fence almost like he was already in a cage, his feet were almost off the ground. In contrast the body language of the police was relaxed, so relaxed that I think 'how to look relaxed even when you're not' must be covered fairly thoroughly in police training. When they decided to act - manhandling the boy into a police car they were quick and his resistance was completely ineffective.

In more cheerful happenings I have made a cell phone pouch for my sister, who gave me no specifications other than 'funky fabrics' so I think I met the brief.


I also (during the last school holidays) discovered the wonderful knitting designer Hansi Singh and gave her cuttlefish knitting pattern a try. The first knitting I have done for ages and I'm definitely hooked again. I'm doing one of her starfish now and have plans to attempt the deep sea lantern fish complete with it's parasitic male.

No comments:

Post a Comment