Saturday, February 12, 2011

blocks for boys

I've always been a fan of blocks - apart from the odd 'blow to the head' injury from Mr O (for some reason he's the clonker of the family) they have been the perfect preschool toy. Mr L taught me today that 7 is not too old for blocks. Since they have had separate rooms Mr L's room has been the lego space, and Mr O's room the block space - giving L a place to play uninterupted by 3 year old distructive energy was the main reason for separate rooms. So far L's has been by far the most popular spot with many a parental extraction of Mr O required. However today, against the trend, Mr O got busy with the blocks and impressed his big bro enough to lure him into the fun. Next time I popped in to check on them, concerned by a disturbing silence, this is what I found.
Little Mr O was totally zoned out and ready for a nap - L had used every block we own - now I finally feel justified for buying every stray block I've seen at the op shop over the last 7 years :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, blocks rule!! And they tidy away easily, but I know that's completely beside the point ...
    I love it when they 'discover' a toy, or a bunch of toys, and it's all on from there. Usually happens just as I've decided I'm biffing it, due to previous total lack of interest.

    ReplyDelete